Multidimensional Emotional Intelligence Assessment - Workplace
• Use as part of the employee and leadership selection process
• Use as part of the employee and leadership development process
• Research on how trait-based emotional intelligence (EI) contributes to job performance and understanding workplace behavior
The Multidimensional Emotional Intelligence Assessment – Workplace (MEIA-W) is a 144-item, self-report, trait-based measure of emotional intelligence (EI) based on Salovey and Mayer’s (1990) multidimensional model of EI. The assessment includes 10 primary scales (listed below). The items are work-related versions of the original items from the Multidimensional Emotional Intelligence Assessment (MEIA).
• Recognition of Emotion in the Self
• Regulation of Emotion in the Self
• Recognition of Emotion in Others
• Regulation of Emotion in Others
• Nonverbal Emotional Expression
• Intuition vs. Reason
• Creative Thinking
• Mood Redirected Attention
• Motivating Emotions
The test construction method used to develop the MEIA sets it apart from other EI measures currently available on the market. Some of these unique features include:
• Distinct coverage of all 10 facets of Salovey and Mayer’s (1990) influential model of EI
• Minimized susceptibility to socially desirable responding and acquiescence response bias
• Documented content validity, structural validity, and incremental validity
• The use of work-context items has been reported to improve validity in personality tests over more general versions administered in work settings.
For more information or a quotation for this product, please contact us: We're happy to provide sample questions, reports, or validity information if available for most of the titles that are showcased on this site.
Please be aware that, due to international law or Copyright restrictions, it is not always possible to provide samples of questionnaires or information that may constitute intellectual property, trade secrets, or other proprietary information.
Not sure which test fits your needs? We can help. Contact Us today.