Short Tests of Clerical Ability
The STCA battery features seven individually sold short tests that help assess an applicant’s level of competency and aptitude in one or more skills common in an office setting. The subtests help measure the following:
Part I tests ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately. Three-minute time limit.
Part II assesses ability to solve business arithmetic problems using percentages, decimals and fractions. Six-minute time limit.
- Level of verbal ability and knowledge of business terms and office procedures. Five-minute time limit.
- Ability to check names and numbers accurately. Five-minute time limit.
- Ability to memorize rote material rapidly and to code information accurately. Five-minute time limit.
Directions, Oral and Written
- Ability to take useful notes, remember oral instructions and follow written directions. Five-minute time limit once directions are given.
- Level of knowledge of standard filing procedures and ability to alphabetize rapidly. Five-minute time limit.
- Ability to detect errors in grammar, punctuation, capitalization and spelling. Five-minute time limit.
Percentile norms for clerical applicants are available. Norms for the 1995 update are also available.
Validation studies were conducted in various companies with respect to the following jobs:
• claims processor
• clerk, accounting
• clerk, collection
• clerk, (commercial credit)
• clerk, (electric company)
• clerk, file
• clerk, general
• clerk, (grocery chain)
• clerk, insurance
• clerk, newspaper
• clerk, record
• clerk, reservation
• communications personnel
• inspector, quality control
• keypunch operator
• merchandise handler
• office personnel (insurance)
• office personnel (manufacturing)
• order processor (clerical)
• order processor (merchandise)
• route salesperson
• secretary (grocery chain)
• service representative
• service representative (airlines)
• telephone service office representative
• telephone technical jobs
For more information or a quotation for this product, please contact us: We're happy to provide sample questions, reports, or validity information if available for most of the titles that are showcased on this site.
Please be aware that, due to international law or Copyright restrictions, it is not always possible to provide samples of questionnaires or information that may constitute intellectual property, trade secrets, or other proprietary information.
Not sure which test fits your needs? We can help. Contact Us today.