Sales Effectiveness Profile
This 84 item, online assessment provides an objective process for sales people to identify their weaknesses and hone the skills and competencies they need in order to be successful. The online report of assessment results produces coaching tips for behavioural development needs.
In an increasingly competitive world, an effective salesperson needs a wide variety of skills and competencies in order to be successful.
These skills and competencies include the ability to:
• Appreciate Customer Needs and Expectations
• Listen Attentively
• Be Analytical
• Problem Solve
• Handle Objections and Complaints
• Communicate and Present Effectively
• Show Personal Warmth and Empathy
• Demonstrate Tenacity and Self Motivation
• Be Well-Organized and Resourceful
When to Use the Sales Effectiveness Profile
• With sales or customer service personnel who need to improve their effectiveness through a structured self assessment of their strengths and weaknesses.
• As an introductory training activity on sales skills to expose participants to the full breadth of important sales behaviours.
• With sales or customer service managers who need to be able to recognize and correct deficient competencies used in the sales process.
• As the centre piece of a 1-day facilitated training workshop on sales.
• Sales feedback report — Includes a 10/10 report that lists your top ten strengths and top ten development needs, in rank order.
• Flexibility – This multi-rater assessment can be used as a leader’s self-assessment or with supervisors, peers, and direct reports for 360-degree feedback.
• Standardized — The Sales Effectiveness questionnaire and report format is standardized with 9 different competency-based, online assessments that are part of this package. Standardized administration and report formats shorten the learning curve for participants who may use several of these assessments over the course of a year.
• Easy to administer – The online administrative component is easy for both administrators and participants, yet provides administrators key control over the distribution of results.
• Relevant feedback – Rather than providing just simple lists of strengths and weaknesses, the sales effectiveness feedback report provides development needs embedded in development planning templates that help make it easy for participants to take their next steps.
• Measures 7 core sales competencies through 84 items, with either self or 360 degree feedback.
• Each behavioural item in the assessment is a positive sales behaviour.
• Worded in simple, understandable and behavioural terms allowing any participant, regardless of education or English language proficiency, to understand and provide accurate ratings.
• The report itself is broken into six smaller reports. Reports begin with summary competency scores and drill down to behavioural specifics including sales tips for development and course and reading suggestions.
• In the online format, there is no limit to the number of raters who can be invited to provide
The Facilitators Guide enables a trainer to lead a half-day workshop administering, scoring, and interpreting the Sales Effectiveness Profile. Includes templates for development planning and 84 sets of coaching tips.
Section 1 of the Facilitator's Guide provides an introduction to sales effectiveness that can be used as a lecture primer in conjunction with a group exercise to introduce the topic. There are timing guidelines for the workshop and instructions on administering the assessment. The next 7 parts are short primers on each sales effectiveness competency covering a more detailed definition of the competency including a process model of the skill. There are experiential exercises with facilitator notes and handout copy masters whenever appropriate.
Section 2 of the Facilitators Guide includes 84 sets of coaching tips, (12 per competency), designed to direct development for low scorers of each individual item (behaviour) on the questionnaire. Each set of coaching tips expands the context of the behaviour and provides several alternative best practices that can be used on-the-job to develop a specific skill.
There is a Personal Action Plan template and a Contract for Change that participants also get in either their assessment booklet or online report results.
For more information or a quotation for this product, please contact us: We're happy to provide sample questions, reports, or validity information if available for most of the titles that are showcased on this site.
Please be aware that, due to international law or Copyright restrictions, it is not always possible to provide samples of questionnaires or information that may constitute intellectual property, trade secrets, or other proprietary information.