Verify Ability Tests
Printer Friendly Version
||- 30 min
|Legal in Canada?
A superior approach to online unsupervised testing, Verify is the only way to test job applicants online with confidence.
Benefits of Testing With Verify
Testing job applicants online can deliver value by identifying high-calibre talent quickly, efficiently and accurately.
In addition, Verify:
• Defends the integrity of online testing by partnering with independent security and data forensic experts.
• Utilises randomised test technology to create the most powerful online ability tests available today.
• Protects against the risks of cheating and security breaches.
• Provides a global solution in 25 languages.
• Pioneers breakthrough psychometrics to scientifically verify the integrity of unsupervised online test results.
Time and Cost Savings
• Using Verify early in the hiring process means poor performers can be screened out earlier, reducing the length and cost of hire and allowing resources to be focused on the best candidates.
• Verify tests are faster than traditional tests, and therefore results can be delivered quicker.
• Costs are saved through better quality hiring decisions, which reduce staff turnover and improve performance.
• By removing the risks of cheating and security breaches, hiring decisions are based on reliable data.
• With superior test properties, performance potential can be predicted more accurately.
• Can integrate into third party talent management application suites for high-volume recruitment programmes.
• Requires minimal administrative resource.
• No need for paper-based materials.
• Applicants can complete their testing when convenient for them – tests are accessible 24 hours a day, every day.
• Quick and modern process that reinforces a positive employer brand.
What Is Verify?
Developed with direct input from experienced test users around the world, Verify offers a superior approach to online ability testing. Verify is a complete solution that includes a unique combination of tests, security measures and a scientific verification process to allow employers to test job applicants online securely and effectively, quickly and easily.
Better Practice For Online Testing
Better Practice provides a pragmatic and straightforward set of steps to enable test users to reap the benefits of online ability testing. We have developed Better Practice to help HR practitioners understand and overcome the risks around online assessment.
The Six Core Components of Verify
We have developed cutting-edge technology to support the science behind Verify. Features include highly sophisticated randomised test generation and timed tests delivered using Flash player applets. This technology is relied on by organisations worldwide to deliver tens of thousands of assessments daily.
Verify Item Bank
The Verify Item Bank generates a unique online Verify ability test for every applicant. This approach improves the security of content by defending against piracy and preventing test content being shared, reducing the risk of cheating by applicants.
Following the Verify ability test, a short, optional verification test is provided. Built as part of the package and delivered at no extra cost, the verification test quickly confirms the integrity of the results gained from the unsupervised test. This verification process is based on breakthrough innovations in psychometrics, verifying candidate performance quickly, simply and scientifically. A verification report provides a simple ‘Verified’ or ‘Not Verified’ result. If a ‘Not Verified’ result arises, guidance on possible reasons for the inconsistency and suggestions for next steps are provided.
Data Security and Forensic Services
We protect the security and integrity of Verify tests through our partnership with Caveon Test Security, the industry leader in using innovative data forensic solutions to protect online test programmes from test fraud. This gives you peace of mind that your data and testing processes are secure and fair.
Flexible Testing Options
Verify tests are as powerful as traditional offline tests. They can be used at any stage of the hiring process or employment cycle, and they are applicable for use throughout the organisation, from operational roles to senior management.
Verify tests have been purpose built for the Internet and have been designed to the most rigorous standards. They are among the most powerful psychometric tests ever created – as rigorous as traditional offline tests and supported by real world validation evidence.
How Verify Works
The Verify tests are delivered through a packaged, two-stage process. This includes the Verify Ability Test, a powerful online ability test, which can then be followed by a short, optional Verification Test. The process is designed to verify the performance of short-listed applicants who have completed the first test in online, unsupervised conditions.
Stage 1 – Verify Ability Test
• Online, unsupervised
• As rigorous as traditional ability tests but faster and online
• Suitable for multiple job levels
• Ability test report output
Stage 2 – Verification Test
• Optional; online, supervised
• Very short, no charge for administration
• Verifies candidate performance on the unsupervised ability test
• Verification report output - no scores, simple ‘Verified’ / ‘Not Verified’
The Verify Range
- Verify Numerical Reasoning is designed to measure a candidate’s ability to make correct decisions or inferences from numerical or statistical data. The test is intended to measure the ability to work with numerical data in a realistic workplace context.
- Verify Verbal Reasoning is designed to measure a candidate’s ability to evaluate the logic of various kinds of argument as presented in written form. The test measures the ability to determine the support for conclusions drawn using content that typifies a variety of work settings.
- Verify Inductive Reasoning is designed to test a candidate’s ability to draw inferences and understand the relationships between various concepts independent of acquired knowledge.
- The Verify Checking test is designed to measure a candidate’s ability to compare information quickly and accurately which is critical to ensuring the quality of work.
- The Verify Calculation test is designed to measure a candidate’s ability to add, subtract, divide and multiply numbers quickly and accurately, which is critical to many workplace tasks involving calculations and estimation, as well as auditing and checking the numerical work of others.
- Verify tests are suitable for a range of jobs, from graduate and managerial level to administrator roles.
For more information or a quotation for this product, please contact us: We're happy to provide sample questions, reports, or validity information if available for most of the titles that are showcased on this site.
Please be aware that, due to international law or Copyright restrictions, it is not always possible to provide samples of questionnaires or information that may constitute intellectual property, trade secrets, or other proprietary information.