OPAC® Software Skills Tests
The critical knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for success in the high-stress office environment have been put into a simple, affordable software package called the OPAC System and is now in use by thousands of companies, organizations and government offices around the world!
The OPAC System is the premiere PC, software and office skills testing suite. With an array of over 50 exams, and the power to create your own tests,
The OPAC System is one of the most comprehensive testing packages available.
The OPAC System not only tests software skills, but is also a flexible tool for both the corporate and educational environments. Corporate clients typically use OPAC System to test job applicants’ skills and also rely on the software to assess the skill levels of their current employees. Educational clients use the OPAC system tests to ensure that students, both secondary and post-secondary, have the necessary software skills for today's technologically demanding job environment.
The software tests for skills & abilities in all of the MS Office word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
Office skills tests include keyboarding, proofreading, data entry, and transcription. The OPAC System also offers a battery of tests specifically designed for the legal and medical environments.
New tests are regularly added to the software throughout the year, with clients participating in our OPAC Plus premium customer program receiving complimentary software upgrades on a regular basis.
Scientific studies show that computer-related multi-tasking requires the ability to use a computer as part of a subconscious, automatic routine!
If workers have to focus on using the computer, they will have extreme difficulty focusing on other required tasks! OPAC automatically measures computer-related abilities!
OPAC Testing Software Benefits:
- Automated testing saves valuable staff time. Since the OPAC System Testing Software tests are self-administered and automatically scored, just set up an applicant at a PC, and you're on your way!
- The OPAC System measures a wide range of essential PC and office skills, providing a complete and accurate evaluation of a candidate's skills.
- Our innovative Test Writer features allows you to create your own custom tests, in a number of formats.
- The software is intuitive for both administrators and candidates, with comprehensive manuals should you ever need additional direction.
Flexible Test Selection
- The Test Administrator module allows you to choose any combination of tests and time limits, so you can individualize your test administrations to specific candidates and positions.
- Your purchase of an OPAC System Testing Software license allows for unlimited testing. There are no 'per test' charges.
- OPAC tests are created by industrial and organizational psychologists based upon information gathered from subject matter experts from around the nation. Most tests in OPAC are designed to mimic the tasks performed on the job, such as being able to use Microsoft Office programs to enter data, edit documents, manipulate spreadsheets, and create presentations. Those tests that do not mimic job tasks require the test taker to demonstrate the underlying knowledge, skill, and ability to succeed on the job.
To help the employer address the validation requirements of the federal Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures (1978) the OPAC System contains a built-in Validation Wizard feature. The feature was designed to help non-Equal Employment methodology experts validate any OPAC test. The Validation Wizard gives employers the capability to run a basic content-validation study and develop the most appropriate cut-off scores for the job as it is performed at your organization.
Many of OPAC’s test modules provide a job-related sample of an actual office position. However, OPAC is scientifically designed so the job applicants need no prior experience or special training to succeed during testing. These tests provide the applicants a realistic preview of the job... so much so that organizations have reported that some applicants have removed themselves from the recruitment process knowing that they do not possess the skills and abilities necessary for success!
OPAC is virtually self-administering and self-scoring. The job applicant sits at the computer and the OPAC program does the rest. OPAC tests appear - as selected by the test administrator - one after another, until the applicant is informed by OPAC that the test session is complete. OPAC automatically scores virtually every aspect of the test. Thousands of job applicants (at hundreds of agencies) have been tested by OPAC with great success.
If you have the need to create your own office or software skills tests, you can turn to the powerful Test Writer feature, which allows you to create tests in virtually any subject. Test Writer has tremendous flexibility, giving you the capability of adding sound, graphics, and more to your custom exams.
The OPAC System is self-administering and self-scoring. You can generate hard copies of test results, and also save tests result on a PC or network for reference. The software is available in both single-user and multi-user configurations.
So, how can we help you? Employers can call us to obtain a free demo of the OPAC software. We will send you a link to download the demonstration version so you can test-drive OPAC in your environment and on your schedule. Don't want to call? No problem, simply complete the Contact Us form and we'll get you the information you need so that you can begin to realize the benefits of using OPAC to help you hire the right people.
For more information or a quotation for this product, please contact us: We're happy to provide sample questions, reports, or validity information if available for most of the titles that are showcased on this site.
Please be aware that, due to international law or Copyright restrictions, it is not always possible to provide samples of questionnaires or information that may constitute intellectual property, trade secrets, or other proprietary information.