Inventory of Leadership Styles (ILS) - No longer offered by COD
No Longer Offered by COD
The inventory of leadership styles (ILS) helps you understand leadership from the point of view of those being led. It gives leaders what they need to make choices in their leadership behavior and offers clear ‘next steps’ for development. Effective leaders create climates which drive execution and encourage innovation. They engage people in the organization’s strategic objectives, winning their commitment and willingness to go ‘above and beyond.’ Such leaders use a collection of distinct leadership styles – each in the right measure, with the right people, at just the right time. They adapt to situations and roles as they change. It’s a demanding process, but it’s how effective leaders deliver results; in revenue, profit, execution and retention.
Use the inventory of leadership styles (ILS) to:
• improve the effectiveness of your leaders – widen their repertoire
• help them respond better to business changes and to their team members’ needs
• enhance one-to-one feedback and group development programs
• improve the work climate in your company, team or division – and ultimately boost financial performance.
Why choose the ILS?
It provides specific insights on the behavior of individual managers, and how it impacts their team’s performance. It helps managers make choices in their leadership behavior and because it is benchmarked against tens of thousands of managers from around the world, you can compare your leaders with those in other organizations.
The ILS is based on the seminal work of psychologists Litwin and Stringer at Harvard University. Through decades of research amongst top organizations worldwide, the publishers continued to investigate the link between leadership behavior, team climate and performance. Their ongoing findings highlight six styles of leadership, each with its own emphasis, which drive team performance most effectively.
• Coercive: gaining immediate compliance from employees
• Authoritative: providing long term vision and leadership
• Affiliative: creating trust and harmony
• Democratic: reaching group consensus and generating new ideas
• Pacesetting: leading by example and accomplishing tasks to high standards
• Coaching: focusing on the professional growth of employees.
The ILS feedback, gathered through a 180° survey, shows how the manager thinks they are behaving and compares that with their team’s experience.
This is powerful feedback and must be delivered by an accredited consultant. The ILS is especially effective when used with the organizational climate survey (OCS)
, as this helps managers to see the impact of their leadership behavior.
Accreditation or facilitation by an accredited trainer is required to use this tool.
To become accredited in the Inventory of leadership styles (ILS) and organizational climate survey (OCS) diagnostic tools, you must be in some form of coaching or training role. This program is offered to client organizations and the accreditation applies in that organization only.
The accreditation program covers:
- organizational climate and leadership styles overview
- case study analysis
- research and theory review
- coaching techniques
- feedback interpretation
- personal leadership style and organizational climate feedback.
For more information or a quotation for this product, please contact us: We're happy to provide sample questions, reports, or validity information if available for most of the titles that are showcased on this site.
Please be aware that, due to international law or Copyright restrictions, it is not always possible to provide samples of questionnaires or information that may constitute intellectual property, trade secrets, or other proprietary information.
Not sure which test fits your needs? We can help. Contact Us today.