Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal®
IMPORTANT NOTICE - The WGCTA Forms A & B and Short Form versions will be DISCONTINUED AND UNAVAILABLE as of December 31, 2016. Only the NEW WGCTA-II will be available after that date.
Identify High-Potential Performers and Assess Critical Thinking Skills for Sound Decision-Making
The most widely used assessment of critical thinking in business today, the Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal is ideal for hiring, promotion, development and succession planning for management and other roles requiring an individual to work with business information to answer questions, determine strategy, reduce risk, and maximize organizational performance.
Watson-Glaser helps your organization:
• Predict how well an applicant will make accurate inferences, recognize assumptions, properly deduce, interpret information, and evaluate arguments – 5 skills crucial to enhancing organizational performance
• Make smarter hiring choices when you can identify the strongest candidates based on critical thinking ability
• Learn whether a candidate possesses the ability to apply the reasoning skills essential to making better business decisions
• Reduce costs and increase efficiency in assessing future leaders
• Gain a precise understanding of the individual by viewing their score relative to over 40 popular industry and occupation norm groups.
Norms for industries include:
• Financial Services
• Health Care
• Information Technology
• High-Tech Industries
• Government/Public Service/Defense
Norms for professional positions include:
* those that typically require a college degree at a minimum, are salaried not hourly, and require personal accountability for results
The Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal is available in two versions:
Standard Version: Forms A & B
• Administration time is approximately 60 minutes (80 Items).
• The 80 test items are reading passages that present problems, statements, arguments, and interpretations.
• Forms A & B are parallel forms of the assessment. They are ideal for use in pre- and post-assessment affiliated with judgment and decision-making training courses.
• Over 40 norm groups are available.
• Administration time is approximately 30 minutes (40 items).
• Over 20 norm groups are available.
• Includes the same sections and question types as with the Standard Version.
© Pearson Assessment Inc.
For more information or a quotation for this product, please contact us: We're happy to provide sample questions, reports, or validity information if available for most of the titles that are showcased on this site.
Please be aware that, due to international law or Copyright restrictions, it is not always possible to provide samples of questionnaires or information that may constitute intellectual property, trade secrets, or other proprietary information.
Not sure which test fits your needs? We can help. Contact Us today.