Office Skills Test (OST)
The Office Skills Test (OST) is a paper-and-pencil inventory that measures the attitudes of job applicants. The OST test is useful in helping you identify top-notch office personnel who are proficient in the areas you require. The OST test is a battery of 11 individually sold tests. Choose the tests you need to create a personalized battery for your organization. It should be used in conjunction with other pre-employment screening procedures such as interviews and reference checks.
The Office Skills Test measures applicants on the following scales:
- Ability to check names and numbers accurately.
- Ability to use simple codes accurately.
- Ability to recognize different types of filing systems and accurately file additional entries into them.
- Ability to select facts from a block of information and correctly record them on a form.
- Ability to recognize correct use of English grammar.
- Ability to solve problems of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers, fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Ability to note facts given in an audio-cassette presentation and answer related questions afterward.
- Ability to recognize proper punctuation and capitalization.
- Ability to understand written directions.
- Ability to spell words frequently used in office communications.
- Ability to understand words and phrases frequently used in office communications
There are two forms, A and B, for the OST test. They are comparable and can be used to retest applicants.
This instrument is an inexpensive and highly reliable way to pre-screen applicants.
© Owned and published by Vangent, Inc.
For more information or a quotation for this product, please contact us: We're happy to provide sample questions, reports, or validity information if available for most of the titles that are showcased on this site.
Please be aware that, due to international law or Copyright restrictions, it is not always possible to provide samples of questionnaires or information that may constitute intellectual property, trade secrets, or other proprietary information.
Not sure which test fits your needs? We can help. Contact Us today.