SOSIE 2nd Generation - Not Yet Available In North America
SOSIE is a French word translating as "a perfect resemblance to another".
Not expected to be available for sale until early 2013
Sosie is much richer than just a simple personality measure as it identifies both an individual's traits and their interpersonal and personal values, which are important in interactions with others and drive personal motivators.
The Sosie personality questionnaire was developed from three existing questionnaires developed by Leonard V. Gordon, an eminent American psychologist. The tests are: the Gordon Personality Professional Inventory (GPPI), the Survey of Interpersonal Values (SIV) and Survey or Personal Values (SPV). Sosie is used by organizations for both assessment and development interventions.
Sosie is more than a simple personality measure. It identifies a person's values system to reliably predict their motivations, behaviour and adaptation to a role and/or organizational culture. Two people with the same personality traits may act differently according to their value systems. This can offer insight in to their likely "fit" to a job role or organizational culture. Values are deeply held concepts that drive an individual's decisions, preferences, beliefs and interests. A clash between personal and organizational values can often lead to disillusionment in a role or with an organization.
Sosie was developed in 1991 and measures twenty dimensions which fall under three areas. This offers a richness of insight in to an individual's personality, motivators and their likely suitability to a job role or organizational culture. The three areas of measurement are:
• Personality Traits
• Interpersonal Values
• Personal Values
The questionnaire is ipsative in nature and is administered online.
When could Sosie be used?
Sosie can be used for recruitment, career guidance, personal and leadership development and coaching.
• Sosie helps recruiters formulate hypotheses about behaviours and values which can be explored further at the interview stage of recruitment.
• Sosie helps professionals in charge of recruitment to predict behaviours and the adaptation to an organisational environment, company, team or to a job.
• Sosie helps to indicate the leadership style and how the candidate will play a role within a team.
• Because of the forced choice nature of the items in Sosie, it is difficult for candidates to fake responses
• Sosie helps guidance professionals to understand the resources of a person in terms of his/her areas of strength and weakness, and to define the professional environment within which the person will feel most effective and comfortable.
• By investigating the values, Sosie helps HR professionals when working on motivation and aspirations of the person, and helps identify the needs of the person in terms of their preferred professional working environment.
• Sosie captures not only the stable (personality related) dynamic of the person but also the current (values driven) dynamic. This helps form discussions about how important values are and where they can be modified.
• Sosie helps development professionals and the people they are working with to be more aware of their strengths and weaknesses in terms of self-organisation, adaptability, emotional adjustment, sociability, communication, teamwork and management.
• By investigating the values, SOSIE helps professionals to understand how the environment impacts the present way of working of the person and their well-being at work.
• Sosie can be used with a 360 instrument to look at how people view themselves (via self-reporting) versus how others view them.
Forms are available for:
• Australia/New Zealand
• United Kingdom
This assessment is only to be administered in a proctored setting. The test administrator will take necessary steps to ensure the test is always administered in a proctored and secure environment.
© Harcourt Assessment
For more information or a quotation for this product, please contact us: We're happy to provide sample questions, reports, or validity information if available for most of the titles that are showcased on this site.
Please be aware that, due to international law or Copyright restrictions, it is not always possible to provide samples of questionnaires or information that may constitute intellectual property, trade secrets, or other proprietary information.
Not sure which test fits your needs? We can help. Contact Us today.