The articles below form part of a small library of useful information about tests, how they're developed and used, and related topics. Many of these articles were written by our staff.
Also see our library of General HR Articles in the About Us section.
Articles about Tests & Testing
- 1 in 6 first-year university students won't make the grade
How to keep your child from flunking out in college or university
- 16% of First-Year Students Drop Out of University
How To Keep Your Child From Being One of Them!
- A Visit from One of the World's Worst Salesmen
A terrible sales call and how you can ensure that your sales force doesn't send this impression!
- Are Your Employees ‘Really’ Honest? Do You ‘Really’ Know For Sure?
How do you know if your applicants are really trustworthy, honest people?
- Avoiding Employees who are Dishonest or Drug Users
How to avoid hiring other people's rejects
- Big Ego, Big Office
Narcissism Pays Well, But It Can Be Detrimental, Too
- Choosing a Winner
How to hire the right person the first time.
- Congratulations, You’re Fired!
The consequences of public foolishness in the internet age.
- Dealing With Employees Who Steal
What to do about employee theft.
- Dealing With The Dishonest Employee
What to do about employee theft.
- Do Assessment Tests Work?
Do employee tests and selection tools really work?
- Don’t Hire A Killer
How To Avoid Violence Prone Employees
- Dude! Don’t Dis’ The Customers!!
The importance of providing great customer service
- Employee Turnover – What are the costs? How can you stop it?
How to reduce employee turnover and churn
- Finding Employees With Integrity
How to hire honest employees.
- Generation Jobless And The Advantages For Employers
How savvy employers can take advantage of Canada's surplus graduates.
- How to Deal with Customers
How to hire and train employees to be responsive to customer needs.
- How To Identify Problem Employees Before You Hire Them
What to look for in a job candidate before you offer them a job.
- How To Prevent Burnout
Burnout in the workplace and what to do about it.
- How to Prevent Employee Theft
- Is Your Camp Ready For A Lawsuit?
How to hire better counselors and avoid potential problems.
- Is Your Sales Force Performing Effectively?
How to assess the skills of your sales force.
- It Takes All Kinds
Personality and personality testing in the workplace.
- Managing Conflicts Effectively
Workplace conflict management and how to do it well.
- Pencils down. Time to see if you’re right for the job
More companies are using assessments to screen employees.
- People Cause More Problems than Anybody
How to manage problem employees.
- Personality Testing in Employment
- Poor ‘fit’ causes far too many terminations/resignations – How do we fix this?
Do your applicants really fit into your organization or not? Do you know?
- Preparing the Next Generation
What every employer should know about their youngest job applicants and consider when hiring them.
- Prospective Hires Put To The Test
Why testing job candidates can save you time and big bucks.
- Screening Assessments And Employee Confidentiality – A Word To Employers
- Six Ways To Lose Customers
Why consistently good customer service is critical in today's business environment.
- Survey Indicates That Qualified Talent Is Increasingly Difficult To Find
Finding good employees is getting harder. Testing applicants helps employers make better decisions.
- Testing For Integrity
Are your job candidates honest? How do you know and how can you find out?
- Tests For Pre-Screening Entry-Level Employees
Pre-screening of entry-level job applicants, how to do it and why you should.
- The High Cost of Hiring the Wrong Person
Bad hiring decisions can cost you big bucks later on.
- The Recruitment Process That Succeeds
How to use testing to screen applicants and establish internal scoring benchmarks.
- The Reliability and Validity of Honesty Testing
Why honesty tests work and what you should know about these tests before you use one.
- The Trick To Finding Employees Who Fit
How to accurately assess employee candidates for job-fit.
- Thieves Are Everywhere! (And You’ve Probably Already Hired One)
Pre-screening for honesty can save you a lot of grief.
- Toxic Workers The Expensive Hidden Menace Who Are Costing You More Than You Think!
Bad hires can cost you $50,000 per toxic worker hired.
- Understanding Honesty
What every employer should know about honesty testing.
- US Supreme Court Rules On New Haven, CT Fire Department's Use of Pre-Screening Test
Legal implications for employers uring pre-screening tests when hiring.
- Use Employee Assessments to Hire the Right Person For the Job
Using assessments to make good hiring decisions
- Validity Definitions & Descriptions
Information describing the various types of validity used in testing.
- Want better employees? Ask better questions in job interviews . (And TEST them!)
How to hire better, more skilled and more reliable employees.
- Warring Egos, Toxic Individuals, Feeble Leadership
A Study of Conflict In The Canadian Workplace
- We Don't Hire Child Molesters! (We Think)
A case for the use of pre-screening tests.
- We know our employees steal, but who cares?
How just one dishonest employees can seriously damage a company or its reputation.
- What's your Biggest Problem?
If you didn't know, it's probably some of the people already working for you!
- Where Are All The Good Salespeople?
Use screening tests to identify sales talent.
- Why Attitude Matters As Much (Or More) Than Skills!
If you aren't testing your applicants, you're running the risk of hiring problems instead.
- Why Pre-Screening Employees Is Important
Pre-screening applicants can reveal important information about candidates that nothing else can tell you.
- You’re Dishonest (And So Is Everyone Else)
Dishonesty in the workplace can be minimized through better hiring practices.
Not sure which test fits your needs? We can help. Contact Us today.