The articles below form part of a small library of useful information about a variety of business topics.
Many of these articles were written by our staff. We have also included others of particular interest to HR professionals.
In the Tests and Surveys sections, also see our libraries of Articles about Tests & Testing and Articles about Surveying.
General HR Articles
- 10 Rules for the Customer Century
How to better engage your customers
- Always Busy But Still Behind?
How to manage your time effectively.
- An Amway By Any Other Name
A Look At Multi-Level Markeing (MLM)
- An Open Door Swings Both Ways
Why effective and open communication is important
- And Now For Something Completely Different
How about a nice change of occupation?
- Are Your Leaders Ready For What’s Coming?
Trending new realities in organizational leadership.
- Bad Bosses Make You Sick
How poor management damages your employees' health and costs you big bucks.
- Buggy-Whip Thinkers Beware
Keep pace with the times if you want to keep your business alive and prospering.
- Canadian Companies Challenged by Shrinking Labour Pool
- Consider The Cost Before Speaking Your Mind
The cost of being a whistle-blower and how to address ethics in the workplace.
- Coping with Change
How to cope with changes in the workplace.
- Coping with Job Stress
How to cope with stress at work
- Coping with Management Stress
Coping with stress as a manager.
- Coping With The Mid Life Crisis
How to deal with with your mid-life crisis.
- Creative Problem Solving
How to solve problems creatively in the workplace.
- Customer Service Will Make or Break Ecommerce Sites
The importance of good customer service in today's businesses
- Develop The People Factor In Productivity
How to motivate people and be more productive.
- Don’t Be a Know-It-All Manager
How to be a better manager by using common sense and a little popular psychology.
- Employees & Profits: How to Increase the Bottom Line
How to treat your employees well and reap big benefits.
- Ethical Employment in an Uneasy Economy
No matter how bad an economy is (or when it takes a down turn) ethics are always important to observe in business.
- For a Personal Touch, Some Sites Add Real People
Treating customers like human beings by using...human beings!
- Hot Opportunities In Franchising
A look at how entering franchising brings success to many people.
- How HR Managers Can Help People Cope With Job Stress
Advise on how to manage workplace stress more effectively.
- How To Be Surrounded By Self-Starters
Managing people to make your organization more effective and your employees more productive and happy.
- How to Ruin Your Web Business in Five Easy Steps
5 mistakes to avoid when in business.
- How to Sidestep Disaster
Ideas for good business management
- How To Survive Workplace Bullying
- How To Use Consultants Effectively
How To Use Consultants Effectively
- If Cash Is King, Rewards Are Queen
- ISO and the New Focus on Customer Satisfaction
How to focus on customer retention to increase longterm profits and stability
- Keep Your Customers Coming Back
How to maintain happy customers.
- Keeping Tabs on the Competition
- Let's Quit And Go To Spain
How to capitalize on your existing skills and start a new career doing something different.
- Modern Firms Know All Problems Are Work Related
Understanding how home and work-related problems are interrelated and what to do about them.
- Net Retailers Sink Resources Into Customer Service
Addressing online customer service issues.
- Nothing Is As Constant As Change
Change in the work place
- Partnerships: Delightful or Disastrous?
How to create strong lasting business partnerships.
- People Are More Important Than Pizzas
How to avoid legal action and how NOT to treat your employees.
- Preparation Is The Key To Managing Change
Managing change in the workplace.
- Productivity Through People
Encouraging highly productive organizations by focusing on the human factor.
- Psychology In The Workplace
Using psychology to facilitate leadership, teamwork, profitability and workplace satisfaction.
- Searching For New Business Opportunities
How being entrepreneurial and future-looking can pay off for businesses.
- Setting The Limits of Responsibility
Understanding why job descriptions are important to organizational effectiveness and smooth functioning.
- Signs of Trouble
A common sense approach to business management and avoiding problems before they occur.
- Some Common Sense About Customers and Profits
How to be more successful in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
- Some Good Ways To Ruin A Business
Common pitfalls to avoid in order to keep your business thriving.
- Strategic Planning Pays Off
Why strategic planning is so important to success in business.
- The Art of Managing Difficult People
How to be a good manager, deal with "problem" employees and not lose your mind in the process.
- The Business of Business Writing
How to write for business.
- The Fair Way To Fire Employees
A discussion of fair practices for employee terminations.
- The Illiteracy Problem Is Shameful
The high cost of illiteracy in the workplace
- The Role of Retail In The Internet Age
A discussion of changes in consumer habits and the Internet's impact on this.
- The Sting of the Salary Review
How to conduct effective salary reviews.
- Tips For Stopping The Rot
- Top 5 Mistakes Employers Make That Can Cost You Big Bucks
(In Employee Morale, Wasted Time, Lost Income, Lawsuits or Unemployment Claims)
- Unfair Firings Can Be Costly
How to fairly terminate employees without incurring lawsuits.
- What is Workplace Bullying and How Does it Affect People?
Workplace Bullying/Academic Mobbing & What To Do About It
- Why Does Everyone Want To Be An Entrepreneur?
- Why Service Sucks
Poor customer service and what to do about it.
- Why Training Is The Key To Effective Supervision
- Workforce Crisis: How to Beat the Coming Shortage of Skills and Talent
Preparing For the Coming Shortage of Skills and Talent
- Working At Home: The Shape Of Work To Come
How to work from home.
- Your Turnover Problems Are About To Get Much Worse
A recent international study found that global turnover rates are on the rise and will become a serious problem for employers over the next five years.
What our customers are saying...
"I wanted to take the time to tell you what a great experience it has been working with you and Creative Organizational Design. Your excellent customer service, prompt response and follow-up, is second to none. I totally appreciate the service that you provide."
Amanda Terry - Administrative Director, Living Water For Girls